Amazon Web Services (AWS), Educate and AWS Academy
AWS Educate has evolved into a training platform to allow individuals to gain knowledge about cloud services in an effort to obtain an IT position. It no longer supports class instruction. The previous credits for AWS Educate have been eliminated in favor of specific lab exercises. To access AWS Educate, go https://aws.amazon.com/education/awseducate/. Use the Register Now link on the sign-in page to register for AWS Educate.
AWS Academy is the training platform for class instruction. AWS Academy requires an instructor/educator to help organize the class. The instructor must be added by Ken Taylor (email@example.com) who is the Central Point of Contact for UIUC. Educators can reach out to Ken to be nominated to the program as shown by the steps outlined below.Nominate additional instructors (To be completed by Ken Taylor):
- Sign in to the AWS Academy portal: https://www.awsacademy.com/SiteLogin
- Select the orange Nominate an Educator button
- On the New tab, enter the faculty information
- Choose AWS Academy Foundation Level as the curriculum
Getting Started (To be completed by the Educator):
- After logging in, select LMS from the navigation and complete the brief Educator Orientation course. Complete the Managing Classes Course to help gain foundational knowledge of implementing the cloud curriculum.
- Your LMS dashboard will populate with several courses.
- As part of the available courses, focus on AWS Academy Cloud Foundations. This is your professional learning course. Use this course to learn more about cloud computing, experience hands-on labs, and prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam (if desired).
- To create a course for students to enroll in, click the Account icon and choose Create a Course. From here you can enter the information regarding your course and invite students via their email.