Topics Map > Vetstar (Old) - Go to KB-VTH > How To Articles
Vetstar - Entering Patient Weight
Weights should be documented at each visit. A current weight is always required for prescriptions. Access the Weight function using one of the following options:
Video Training Link: Patient Weight Entry
Accessing the Weight Change Screen and Weight Entry
The weight will be in red if it has not been taken. The dispensary will not fill prescriptions without a current weight.
- From the Vetstar home screen, bring up the patient for which you want to enter the weight.
- From the Command line, enter the quick command wt and press enter.
- You can also select select on the Weight link next to the patients weight on the home screen.
- Enter the weight value into the Weight field, and then press Enter past the next two fields to accept the default and leave
- Leave the Condition field blank, we do not use it. Note: The default unit of measure is pounds/lbs. You can press F4 to lookup other units of measure.
- Enter the Date that the weight was taken into the Date field and press Enter.
View weight history
To see a listing of all weights entered into a patient’s record, click on the Weight History button at the top left of the Weight Change screen.