Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Pinnacle, Requesting a New Common Area Lync Account
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers for requesting new common area Lync accounts in Pinnacle.
- Your department number (chart-three digit org code such as 1-xxx or 9-xxx)
- Display Name of the common area phone
- Hot-desking needed
- 6 digit PIN (avoid repeating digits)
- The long distance requirement for the new common area phone
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Search for the appropriate department subscriber by entering the chart-three digit org code in the Department field and selecting Time and Materials from the Service Type drop down. Click the Search action button.
- Select the only subscriber from the list by clicking the department name in the Subscriber column.
- Click the Add action button and select Add Service to Subscriber.
- In the new pop-up window that opens, select the service you would like to add. For a new common area phone, select Lync. Click Next.
- Under the Other Information region, enter details about the service request, including any specific dates, in the Any more information field.
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being set up. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box or select an existing contact. If needed, click on the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. Under the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and / or Expense Activity Code.
- Under the Lync Characteristics region:
- Enter the name of the account in the Display Name field.
- Enter “common area” in the Lync Type field.
- Indicate the long distance limitations in the Dialing Policy field:
- NCOS 4 – Campus / Local Only
- NCOS 7 – National Long Distance and Campus / Local
- NCOS 8 – International and National Long Distance and Campus / Local.
- NCOS 48 – International Plus
- Enter either yes or no in the Hotdesking field.
- Enter the 6 digit PIN in the PIN Number field; avoid using repeating numbers
- Since Common Area Phones do not have voicemail, the Exchange and Voice Mail fields should be left blank.
- Click Next. Since Lync services do not have a location, click Next again.
- Since there are no Recurring or One Time Charges associated with Lync, click Next again. Click Next again.
- Confirm the information is accurate. Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.