Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Pinnacle, Requesting a New Lync Response Group with a New Telephone Number
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers requesting a new Lync response group with a new telephone number in Pinnacle.
- Your department number (chart-three digit org code such as 1-xxx or 9-xxx)
- Completed LCDS2
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Search for the appropriate department by entering the three-digit org code in the Department field and clicking the Search action button.
- Select the correct department from the list by clicking the department name in the Subscriber column.
- Click the Add action button and select Add Service to Subscriber.
- In the new pop-up window that opens, select the service you would like to add. For a new Lync response group, select Lync. Click Next.
- Under the Other Information region, enter details about the service request, including any specific dates, in the Any more information field.
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being set up. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box or select an existing contact. If needed, click on the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. Under the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and / or Expense Activity Code.
- Do not enter any information in the Lync Characteristics region. Click Next.
- Since Lync services do not have a location, click Next again.
- Since there are no Recurring or One Time Charges associated with Lync, click Next again. Click Next again.
- Confirm the information is accurate. Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. Click the Request hyperlink under the Service Request heading.
- The Cart Profile page will open. Click Create Attachment under the Attachments region at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Browse button. The Attachment Profile will open allowing you to find the LCDS2 document you should have completed and saved. Once you have selected the document, click the Open button.
- Once the appropriate attachment has been selected, you will be returned to the Attachment Profile window, where you will see the name of the document you have attached. Enter a description of the document in the Description field.
- Click the Save button. You will be returned to the Cart Profile page where your attachment will appear.
- Click the Cart tab. Click on the box(es) next to the requests then click the Submit Checked button.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.