AITS Service Desk - Engaging our services
The AITS Service Desk provides customer support of university IT enterprise services. If you are interested in enlisting the AITS Service Desk team to support your IT service, this article describes the requirements for onboarding.
The AITS Service Desk exists to:
- Fulfill requests
- Resolve issues
- Provide information
If you simply want all incoming tickets transferred or escalated, use other existing automation solutions such as a TeamDynamix web form for intake. Service Desk preparation requirements when onboarding a new service:
- Service information
- Who is the service manager (responsible for day-to-day management of the service)?
- Who is the business owner (responsible for the service strategy and portfolio, typically outside of IT)?
- Business cycles - when is there heavy or critical use of the service?
- how many users?
- profile characteristics (are they IT Pros? VIPs? students? faculty?)
- Customer knowledge articles (with screenshots)
- Escalation paths for Service Desk
- For each type of service request, which group should we escalate to?
- For each type of incident, which group should we escalate to?
- Security for the service
- Is authentication required?
- What are the security roles or levels of access?
- How is security provisioned?
- Access for Service Desk staff
- Overview/training for Service Desk
Contact the Service Desk Leads with questions or further inquiries.