Topics Map > LAS Web Services > Drupal Training Material
Creating a Webtools Skin
How to create a new Webtools skin for calendars and applications
- From the Webtools homepage (webtools.illinois.edu), go to More > Skin Designer
- Click on ‘+Create’ to create a new skin.
- For calendars or applications, select the Illinois Wizard under Application (Web) Skins. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Create skin’ button
- On the next page, Enter the name of your skin in the first field. You can enter a description, but it is not required. Choose your campus, unit, and department from the drop-down menus below. Then click the ‘Save’ button in the top right corner.
- To edit your skin’s appearance, select the ‘Skin’ tab. In the Primary label field, enter your department name and URL for your department website. For the secondary label, enter your college name and URL. Then click the ‘Save’ button in the top right corner.
- You can also add footer information such as social media icons by selecting your Social media network from the dropdown, entering the URL for your social media page, and clicking the ‘Add’ button. Click the ‘Save’ button to save your work.
- You can add additional footer information in the Footer section. Click the ‘Save’ button to save your work.
- To see what your skin looks like, click the ‘View’ button in the top right corner. This will open up a preview of your skin in a new window.
- To control who has access to use this skin, click the ‘Access’ tab. Users with access cannot edit the skin, but they can use it when creating new calendars or applications From this page, you can add AD email groups, your entire unit, or your entire department. Click the ‘Save’ button to save your work.
- In the ‘Privileges’ tab, you can assign administrators who can edit the look and content of the skin. To do this, add by NetID or email group. Click the ‘Save’ button to save your work.
- Once done with your skin, you should now be able to access it from the ‘Appearance’ tab in your calendar setup.