Topics Map > Faculty & Staff
Echo360 Playing Videos
This document summarizes how to prepare videos to be played and recorded properly when running an Echo360 live session. Videos which are not preloaded and played within the Echo360 session will not present properly to remote and synchronous classrooms when using the Echo360 Live session features. These instruction apply for video files (i.e. mp4 or other), as well as streaming videos such as YouTube (url: https://youtube.com/).
Video Instructions: Video - Playing Videos (9m 38s)
- Login into Echo360 as Instructor.
- Prepare video content.
- If YouTube or web based, copy the URL of the video's location.
- If video file, such as .mp4.
- Go to your Echo360 Library, (upper left)click on the video.
- Select Create
- Select Upload Media
- Select you uploaded Media file.
- Hover over the media file and click the three dots icon (...)
- Select Share
- Select Links
- Select Add Link (if no shared link already)
- Select Share Link
- Select Copy
- Change Start At if you want the video to start other than at the beginning
- Note: Ok to keep public (only you can access) selected
- Select Done
- Click on Courses.
- Click on Classes view (default view).
- Scroll down to your Lecture and click the blue Plus icon.
- Select Add Presentation (all Activity slides (such as polls) are consider a presentation by Echo360.
- Select from three options; select Create a new presentation.
- Select Add Slides
- Select Create a Media Slide
- If web-based (such as YouTube) add the URL of the web-based video.
- If recorded video copy the shared URL from the upload in your library (instructions above)
- Note: You can also hit "Create" within this screen to upload media directly
- Hit Done to save the slide. The activity is now ready for class.
- During class:
- Instructor logs into Echo360 Live session.
- Instructor can have the media slide hidden or visible to student (example, hide until ready for students to see).
- Once visible, student can watch on-demand or instructor can plan during the Live Session.