Add an additional Email account to Outlook Client or Web Access
This article describes how to add an additional shared Mailbox (resource account) to Outlook.
Adding an additional Office 365 mailbox to your Outlook Client
Note: You must have permissions to the mailbox you are trying to add. If you have send-as permissions on the resource account, this process will place messages sent from the resource account into your Sent Items folder. All mailboxes will be cached to the same file (.OST) which can have a negative impact on performance and reliability.
- Open Outlook
- Select File
- Select Account Settings. And Account Settings, again. You should see your account already listed.
- Select your account (your NetID@illinois.edu)
- Select Change
- Select More Settings...
- Select the Advanced Tab
- Select Add
- Type in the Account Name (eg. Resource Account.)
- Select OK
- Select Next
- Select Finish
- Select Close
Adding an additional Office 365 mailbox via the Outlook Web Application (OWA)
- Open a browser and go to outlook.office365.com
- Right-click Folders in the left navigation pane, and then choose Add shared folder or mailbox
- Enter the account name or mailbox email address and Select Open (As you type the name should appear once it is recognized.)
- The mailbox will then open in a new window.
Note: This procedure applies to mailboxes which the user has access to via an FA (full access) AD group as well.