Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Exchange
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Office 365
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Email
Office 365, Daily Briefing Email
The Briefing email helps you start your day on track by surfacing information on upcoming meetings and outstanding tasks as well as protecting time for independent work
Your daily briefing will soon become part of Microsoft Viva - the integrated employee experience platform that brings together communications, knowledge, learning, resources, and insights. Viva is not a third-party, but a part of the Microsoft system. Powered by Microsoft 365 and experienced primarily through Microsoft Teams, Viva fosters a culture where people and teams are empowered to be their best. You’ll continue to receive important reminders from Cortana along with new personalized insights to balance productivity and wellbeing in an email addressed from Microsoft Viva.
What is the Briefing Email
- Outstanding commitments, requests, and follow-ups to and from other collaborators in email that might have fallen through the cracks
- Documents related to today's meetings that you might want to review beforehand
- Suggested focus time you can schedule to help get independent work done
Details about the Briefing Email
- Only users who have an Exchange Online license and whose Office language is English will receive the briefing email.
- The briefing email is personalized for each user.
- At least one actionable insight must be detected for there to be a daily email.
- The briefing email is customized and personal and only available to the end user; no administrator or manager can see another individual's Briefing email.
- All data is stored inside the the user's mailbox.
- The Cortana system identifies key words and phrases in your emails and creates prompts and reminders for you. This processing happens within the mailbox so at no time are your personal details shared with anyone outside of Exchange.
How to stop the Briefing Email
- by selecting Unsubscribe, located near the bottom of the briefing email
- login to your account at https://cortana.office.com/briefing and click the Unsubscribe button