Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Canvas@illinois.edu
Canvas@Illinois , Creating Badges with Credentials (Badgr)
This document explains how to create badges using the Canvas Credentials (formerly named Badgr) application in Canvas.
Create an Issuer
- Press Badges from left-hand menu of the Canvas site
- Press Authorize
- Choose Create Issuer
- Enter Issuer Information and select New Issuer
- Press Select Issuer
- Under the Badge column, select that arrow next to the module you would like to award a badge for completing
- Press Create New Badge
- Upload a photo (that will represent the badge) or press Use Badge Studio to create one. Badge Studio will allow you to choose a pre-made graphic for the badge, as well as well as customize its shape and color.
- Enter a Name, Description, and Criteria for the badge
- Press Create
- The badge is now set to be automatically awarded to students after they complete the module(s)
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each module you would like to award a badge for completing.
Note: Selecting Progress on the top menu will allow the display of the number of badges each student has earned.