Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Skype for Business, Adding a Delegate
How do I add a delegate?
To book a Skype for Business meeting on behalf of someone else, the calendar owner must add the other person as a delegate in both Outlook AND Skype for Business for it to work.
To designate a user as your delegate in Outlook, follow these steps:
Office for Windows:
- Click the File tab, click Account Settings, and then click Delegate Access.
- In the Delegates dialog box, click Add.
- Type the name of the person whom you want to designate as your delegate, or search for and then click the name in the
search results list.
Note: The delegate must be a person in the Microsoft Exchange global address list (GAL).
- Click Add, and then click OK.
- In the Delegate Permissions dialog box, accept the default permissions settings or select custom access levels for Exchange folders.
- To send a message to notify the delegate of the changed permissions, click to select the Automatically send a message to delegate summarizing these permissions check box.
- If you want to grant additional permissions for the delegate to view private items, click to select the Delegate can see my private items check box.
- Click OK two times to exit out of the Delegate Access screen.
Office for Mac:
Follow the instructions in this Microsoft Support Article.
To designate a user as your delegate in Skype for Business, follow these steps:
Skype for Business on Windows:
- Open your contacts home page and click on the options cog in the top right hand corner of Skype for Business.
- Click on the Call Forwarding option and click on Edit my delegate members.
- To add new delegate member, click on the Add button.
- Type in the name of the person you wish to make a delegate, the number of a person you wish to make a delegate, or click on one of your existing contacts to make them a delegate.
- Once you have chosen a delegate, it will appear in the box, and you can continue to add as many delegates as you need.
- Once you have finished, click OK and you have finished setting up your delegates using Skype for Business.
- NOTE: Non-Enterprise voice customers cannot be set up as delegates.
Skype for Business on Mac:
- Open the Contacts tab and search for the person you would like to add as a contact.
- Right click the contact, and hover over Groups. Click on "My Delegates" to add them as one.
- To remove them, repeat the same process and click on "My Delegates" to remove the check mark.