Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Exchange
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Office 365
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Email
Office 365, Email, Exchange, Outlook 2016/365 for Mac
This page contains information about how to connect to the Exchange email and calendar service using Outlook 2016
Add Exchange to a New Installation of Outlook 2016/365
Office 2016 for Mac (including Outlook) is available as a free download from the University of Illinois WebStore.
If you wish to to use your University of Illinois Exchange account with a new installation of MS Outlook, follow these instructions:
- Run Outlook.
- In the welcome screen that appears, if it doesn't detect your @illinois.edu account, click Add Email Account.
- Choose Exchange or Office 365 as the Account Type
- In the Set Up Your Email window that opens:
- Enter your email address: email@example.com
- The Outlook client should use autodiscover to determine that your account is in Office 365
- The University Sign in page will ask for your Active Directory password
Add Exchange to Your Existing Outlook Installation
If you are already running Outlook 2016 and wish to add a University of Illinois Exchange account, follow these instructions:
- Open Outlook.
- Under the Tools menu, choose Accounts…
- In the left pane, click the plus (+) button and add a New Account...
- Follow the same steps as above.