Identity Management, Urbana Single Sign-On Pages
Depending on which single sign-on (SSO) page you are signing into, you will either need to use your NetID or your university email address.
Users will primarily use two SSO systems that enable access to various services using university credentials.
If accessing Microsoft365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) or Shibboleth (Canvas, Box, Zoom, Moodle, etc.): Use email address for login
- AzureAD, the login URL begins with https://login.microsoftonline.com/
- You will need to enter your entire university provided email address here as indicated by the placeholder text.
- If you type in just your NetID here, your login will fail.
- For IT Pros, the actual attribute for the login address is the UserPrincipalName.
- Identified by a white sign-in box with a picture of the quad in the background.
- Shibboleth hands off authentication to AzureAD, so Shibboleth apps/service providers will use this page for authentication.
If accessing AITS Applications (Banner, HR Reporting, My UI Info, NetID Center, Direct Deposit, etc.): Use NetID for login
- SiteMinder, the login URL begins with https://login.uillinois.edu/
- You will need to enter your NetID in the box indicated.
- NOTE: If you type in your university provided email address here, your login will fail.
- Identified by a white login box with blue background.
- Commonly used by AITS applications (such as Banner, NetID Center, My UI Info, Direct Deposit, etc.), however some non-AITS applications may use SiteMinder for authentication.