NetID Center, How do I change my NetID Password?
If you'd like to watch a video on how to reset your password or recovery options, please see: Password Reset Video
If you remember your current password
- If you are not on the Campus Network, Please make sure to log into the Campus VPN prior to resetting your password in the NetID Center. Once on the Campus VPN go to the NetID Center and select "Log in" and sign in with your NetID and current password.
- You will then reach the NetID Center main page. Select "Change Password" to continue.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to review your recovery options. If you do not have at least 1 form of recovery option, you will need to set one up.
- Finally, you will need to set your new password. Please be aware of the rules, which are listed here. Please note that the final two rules are checked upon submission, so if the application says a rule is not met after you click "Set password" it is likely one of those.
- Once you have reset your password, you will get a confirmation screen showing a new expiration date one year from today.
Note: If you are using a university computer, you will want to lock your computer. You will then unlock your computer with your new password. This synchronizes your password from the System Logins to your Local PC.
If you have forgotten your current password and have set up recovery options
- Select "I forgot my password"
- Follow the onscreen prompts to use one of the three recovery options you have set up: Non-University email address, text, or phone callback.
- You will be sent a code to the method chosen in step 3. This code will be valid for 10 minutes and will be used to verify your identity and allow you to reset your password.
If you have forgotten your current password and have opted out of recovery options
If you need to reset your password and have no recovery options available, please call the Help Desk at 217-244-7000.
If we are unable to assist you over the phone, we may be able to assist in person. Our Help Desk hours are currently 8:00am - 9:00pm on weekdays and 12:00pm - 5:00pm on weekends.
The Technology Services Help Desk is located at:
1211 Digital Computer Lab
1304 W. Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL