Topics Map > Faxing
Topics Map > Vetstar (Old) - Go to KB-VTH > General: Errors and Issues
Topics Map > Vetstar (Old) - Go to KB-VTH > How To Articles
VTH Medical Records Fax Info & Troubleshooting
All hospital clinicians, staff, and students have access to the Medical Records fax file. Faxes can be sent directly from computers that have the PC Fax printer SAC-MedRecFax installed on them.
Med Rec Fax: 217-244-9554
Distribution of VTH Faxes: During normal business hours
- Medical Records manages the shared drive and emails the faxes to the department and clinician(s) seeing the patient.
Distribution of VTH Faxes: After Hours (overnight and weekends)
- If you are expecting a fax after hours, you can access the shared Fax drive via Windows Explorer by typing: \\felix.vetmed.illinois.edu\vthfax
Sending a Fax from your PC
You can send a fax directly from your PC by using the SAC fax printer as you would a normal printer. This can be accomplished directly from any application that you normally print from (Word, Excel, Acrobat, web browsers, etc.).
- Install the SAC fax printer by following these instructions and using \\vetprint\SAC-MedRecFax as the printer name. You will only need to complete this step if SAC-MedRecFax is not yet installed on your PC.
- When you print a document, select SAC-MedRecFax on vetprint as your printer. This will bring up a FAX Transmission Popup dialog.
- Add a name and number of the recipient and click on Add Recipients. This can be repeated for multiple recipients. Please note that the fax number you are sending to needs to include a 9 at the beginning and the full number including a 1. For example, if you wanted to send a fax to 217-244-9554, then you would put the fax number as 912172449554.
- Once you have added all your recipients, click the OK button to send the fax.
- If the fax fails to send, an error report will be physically printed out on the printer in Medical Records. There is no report printed for successful faxes.
A cover sheet can be included with the fax by checking the FAX Cover Sheet checkbox found on the FAX Transmission Popup. You can then click the Settings... button below that checkbox to configure the design of your cover sheet.